The startup will use the funds to hire talent in technology and build new verticals. Indians are very choosy and not always prefer to hangout for a casual date. We love to meet and hangout with people we see a future, but then this is slowly getting the limelight. Bharatmatrimony and shaadi.
Yuvraj is currently based in Bangalore, juggalo dating profile India. We might have people using Tinder or Thrill in India but then they are very few. The platform currently is in alpha testing mode and is highly curated. He is also involved personally in the positioning of the product and is very particular in it. Each invite gets used up when the another user accepts the invitation to connect.
India s new matchmaking destination Aisle.co
Support independent journalism. The online matrimonial business is big in India. This information junkie prefers to spend his time on video games and graphic novels when he is not masquerading as an expert on subjects ranging from soccer to beer.
- Everybody loves music, but to what extent?
- Indian youth wants to spend considerable time with their to-be-partner understanding each other and finding that connection.
- What's important here is that they have used urban elements that modern India should know about the other person before connecting with them.
- But still today, almost most of these matchmaking sessions happen offline.
Story so far
Srishti manages the team that filters and looks for authenticity of profiles. Aisle users do not pay membership fees, free interracial dating but they need to purchase invites to initiate communication with other users. And then there is the creep factor. Gone are those days when you had to request your friends to connect you to their friends and then set a date. For us this indicates that many problems remain unsolved.
Aisle did not advertise its presence, so the users are a result of word-of-mouth growth. Aisle is when Tinder meets shaadi. Singles in India can find their match at Aisle, but first they need to make the cut. Online matchmaking is a hard nut to crack. Aisle is promoting this matchmaking journey as friendship, courtship, love then marriage as against the traditional websites which have this sequence exactly in reverse order.
Matchmaking startup Aisle raises pre-series A funding of Rs 1.25cr
He wishes to carve a new niche in the market by building a closed community of like-minded Indian singles. Able Joseph who had shifted his base from Bangalore to Dubai after a rough startup life faced the same problem at some point in his life. This is done to maintain a database of profiles where like-minded urban Indians can connect with each other. And for this this reason Aisle will look for creative ways to promote their product. The team is very focused to change the psychological process one usually takes for finding the right life partner or individuals who are looking for long term commitments.
Aisle targets urban Indians
It is a very personal process intertwined with a largely impersonal medium. Today, you could just swipe on different profiles, select a potential date and ask out. That's when he met his old friend, scan Srishti Kataria who was teaching psychology in Mumbai University. He doesn't want this product to be compared even remotely to a casual dating platform or the age-old matrimonial websites that doesn't work for urban Indians. Do they love music more than cooking?
- They have positioned the platform between Tinder and shaadi.
- She too wanted to hangout with potential matches but always feared to go out on casual dates from these apps.
- This startup is trying to solve a local social issue without much deviation from the traditional Indian way.
- Which is why we set out to address the problem for our friends and ourselves.
- They want to build a niche community with authentic profiles, that's the reason behind their long registration-approval process.